Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Workbench Update

On New Year's Eve, Antar Al-Ahmar was finally in his first coat of primer, but before he'd even dried, I noticed some problems, so as soon as he was dry, out came the Bondo Glazing Putty (I am not paid by, nor affiliated with Bondo, I just really like their products!).

So, here's some progress pictures to show off what I have so far. This again, is part of trying to break my problem with posting work in progress pictures, so you've actually got two WIPs here, the horse, and the diorama I photographed him on.

The red spots are Bondo, the white spots are sanded high points. I'm still not done with the Bondo, I want to smooth his tail so it matches his mane a bit better, but this is how he looks at the moment. I think he's looking pretty spiffy.


And just to get me even further over the hump as far as posting progress pictures goes, here's another item on my workbench:
This is the G2 Prancing Morgan body with the G2 Appaloosa tail, a G3 Mustang head, and G2 Thoroughbred ears. I think he looks kind of Andalusian-ish. This guy still needs a ton of work, including taking a Dremel to his neck/chest, and filling in a big hole in his neck. He actually doesn't stand on his own, he's leaning against the jump behind him, so I'm going to have to figure out a base for him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment