Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tack tip!

Reading the Braymere Custom Saddlery blog comments today before I get back to work on my diorama and customs (especially Antar) yielded a great little tip for how to make keepers for miniature tack.

Here's the original post: Braymere Custom Saddlery: Tiffany's Show Hack Bridle

And here's the excerpt from the comments that really caught my eye:
Sian said...
Just WOW! And what did you use for the metal keepers? 
Braymere said...
Thanks, everyone!

The keepers are made from very thin brass sheet metal. I cut them out with tin snips and shaped them with pliers. They're fairly easy to make--the trick is getting them consistently the same size!
So! There you have it! A great little tack tip in Braymere's comments. I love reading her blog because she does share those great tips, and it's so fun looking at the beautiful tack she makes.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Those metal keepers really make the bridle pop. I know that she shared some great tips on making uniform leather keepers too- I'm sure you could find the blog if you searched her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually remember reading the one about leather keepers a while back. I'll have to track it down and link to it for more quick reference for others :)

    ReplyDelete