Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Prestige Leather Miniatures

I was poking around the web trying to 'window shop' for the camera I hope to get for my birthday. I think I've settled on a GE E1450W.

While I was searching for tips on what kind of camera I need to get, I came across a tutorial on photographing miniatures on Prestige Leather Miniatures (tutorial). Well, since it was showing pictures of miniature tack, I poked around a little more. As it turns out, this company specializes in miniature leather items. I'm not sure what scale they're in, but if you're curious, shoot them an e-mail and ask. I'm not too amazed with their saddles, the model horse crowd makes better, more detailed ones, but I think some of their other items in their store might help finish a scene. I really like their leather trunk (you'll need to scroll down to it), and I have a few ideas for what I'd do with a leather trunk like that for photo showing.

I don't have the money to buy any of these things, but being a thrifty sort, Prestige Leather Miniatures has given me a bit of inspiration. I actually have some of the supplies on hand to try my hand at making my own version of that leather trunk, so I think that's something else to get on with in between prepping and painting my batch of SMs.

No comments:

Post a Comment