Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today is P.A. Day

Today, I've got to take my cat to the vet for a follow-up, so I'm not going to get much hobby stuff done today. I've decided that today, I'm going to really buckle down and work on my pedigrees. The Sire and Dam lists might look wonky a little while I'm working on this.

Yesterday, I drafted up a quick pedigree for Wasabi Sensation, the Standardbred Pacer I'm doing a repaint on. I haven't done a real horse pedigree before this one, this is my first crack at it. I wasn't really all that happy with the pedigree, so this morning, I did a bit more research and found a dam I like better.

As it stands right now, he's a 2005 stallion by Fantastic Frisky, out of Cayenne Pepper K. It might look from his bloodlines like he'd be a trotter, but Fantastic Frisky actually performed equally well as a trotter and as a pacer, in fact, in some ways he was better as a pacer, because he didn't break over while pacing.

To make this clear to anyone who ends up here because they're looking for real Standardbreds, this is a model horse blog, and Wasabi Sensation doesn't actually exist. He's a plastic toy horse. For more information on model horse pedigree assignment, check out these links:
Model Horse Pedigree Assignment/Breeding: An Explanation for Real Horse owners
Model Horse Breeding (Pedigree Assignment)
Breeding Model Horses (aka Pedigree Assignment)

No comments:

Post a Comment